I am using Endnote X5, Windows Office 2007 with Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.
The program reconfigures itself constantly when I start it up. This takes a few minutes. Additional is there no Endnote shown in the Add-In tab of office.
I found some helpful hints (http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/cwyw/faq43.asp) to ad the endnote bar to office. But some of the files were not in the installation folder and there is still the start up problem.
Could anybody help me?
Regarding the appearance of EndNote’s Cite While You Write tools, the commands associated with EndNote X5 would not appear on the Add-ins tab. EndNote X5 would have its own tab called ‘EndNote X5’ within Word 2007. The EndNote X5 tab should be created during the EndNote X5 installation process. If you’re unable to find this tab-
1. I would suggest temporarily closing all programs.
2. Once you’ve closed out of all running software, bring up the Windows Control Panel and go to the Programs and Features section to access the Uninstall a Program screen.
3. Find EndNote X5 on the list of installed software, select it and choose the Repair option.
4. After repairing EndNote X5, open Word again to see if you’re able to find the mentioned EndNote X5 tab.
5. If the EndNote X5 tab still does not show, I would suggest checking Word for disabled add-ins-
Please let me know if this helps.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support