Endnote X6 compatible with Windows 8?

Hi, I’m considering buying Endnote X6, but I want to make sure that it will work on my computer when I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 come October. 

Could someone verify that Endnote X6 will work properly when Windows 8 comes out?

Thanks!

Hi - EndNote X6 for Windows that just released is not “officially” supported but I’ve done some preliminary testing with the consumer preview and haven’t run into issues so far. We do plan official support for our Fall X6 update that is scheduled to release around November. The update is free for X6 licenses.

- Mathilda, the EndNote team

Dear EndNote team,

Please consider in the next EN X6 update the compatibility with the coming Office 15 (or 2013), because I had some problems with the word 2013 preview.

Thanks in advance,

Giovany

@medmunds wrote:

Hi - EndNote X6 for Windows that just released is not “officially” supported but I’ve done some preliminary testing with the consumer preview and haven’t run into issues so far. We do plan official support for our Fall X6 update that is scheduled to release around November. The update is free for X6 licenses.

- Mathilda, the EndNote team

We’re tracking that as well but the timing appears to be later than Windows 8 so I don’t have a definitive status at this time.

If you are seeing issues with the preview, please send me a private message or post here what they are so we can take a closer look.

Thanks!

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8 & installed the 2013 microsoft office package…My endnote 6 disc is not supported. Reviewing the website, I found that I need EndNote 7.