my Endnote X7 ist seemingly endlessly indexing PDFs in my rather small library, containing 20 references and about 400 mb of attachments.
I did find out that there’s no way to stop Endnote from indexing, so my question now is: will it ever end?
The process slows down my system constantly and - which is even more disturbing - keeps me from using Endnote alltogether since I can’t unse any of the programs features while the “Indexing PDFs…”-bar shows up.
I’m using Endnote X7 with Win7 Ultimate, online Sync activated.
The PDF indexing constantly usually indicates library corruption. To resolve it try running the recover library command. With the library closed, click the tools menu in EndNote, then recover library. The recover process will create a new library with the word “saved” at the end.
Once the recover process in complete, click file/open to open the newly recovered library.
Thanks for your help! I somehow expected to get an eMail notification once someone replies, so I didn’t notice. The problem was the name of one of the pdf-files. It was too long. Resetting the synch and allowing endnote to re-name my pdfs solved the problem.