EndNote X7 Word 2016 for Mac Update Release Notification

Just an update to my previous post:-

The fix is to install the 30-day-trial to generate the .plist. CWYW works without doing this, but the dialogue every time you open Word is incredibly annoying.

This means the CWYW standalone plugin is not intended for Endnote Basic users who only have access through their institution but are without their own copy of the full software. This issue appears to affect Mac OS users only, as I have not had this issue with Windows.

I have the same problem experienced by others where the ribbon appears in Word 2016 but the buttons do not function. I have gone through the steps in the links some users have provided, deleting relevant preference files and running the customizer to reinstall what is necessary. After going through those steps I had functional buttons and thought everything was taken care of, but when I came back to Word later the buttons were no longer functional.

Surely I don’t need to delete the preferences and run the customizer every time I want to open Word and work on my dissertation? Or do I need to leave my computer on and EndNote and Word open if I’m not willing to go through these steps each time?

Is anyone else experiencing this? I do still have Word 2011 on my system (because of these and other issues). Perhaps the two versions of Word are interfering with one another? Any help/advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Still having this issue, where I will delete preferences and run the customizer, things will work happily for a while, and then the ribbon stops working and I have to do it again.

I am also having trouble with the updated CWYW for Mac in Word 2016. After following the instructions posted, I still get an “Endnote is not responding Error =-600” message. Any tips on how to fix this? I am using Word v15.21.1. Thanks.

2 Likes

Things were sort of working (as in, I needed to run the customizer less…) but now I also get the EndNote is not responding" error. Running OSX 10.10.5, EndNote X7.3.3, and Word 15.21.1. I see in another thread that upgrading to El Capitan supposedly fixewd this error, but surely THomson Reuters can’t be serious—upgrade your operating system because of a bug in our software??

2 Likes

Is there any update soon about when and how this problem with the error -600 will be fixed? It seriously messed up my thesis! We can’t be expected to just upgrade OS X because you have a software problem? This will influence other software I also depend on!

Please help!

hello how are you all am new here 

The Word 2016 15.22.1 update from Microsoft addresses the Error 600 message. Please see this article:

http://endnote.com/kb/139450