EndNote X7 Word 2016 for Mac Update Release Notification

As some of you may have seen, the anticipated release date for the EndNote X7.5 Mac update is scheduled for Tuesday,  February 2nd. This release will have the following features:

• * EndNote and EndNote online Cite While You Write compatibility for Microsoft Word 2016.
  • * Official El Capitan 10.11 compatibility.
  • * Sync improvements.
  • * Additional Bug fixes and stability improvements.

We know Word 2016 support is important for your work and we thank you for your patience while we worked with Apple and Microsoft to develop these tools.

Hi,

Can we expect an X7.5 update for Windows also in the near future that have related improvements to sync and stability?

Simon

Thanks for the update. I downloaded the beta version (Endnote X7p1) and it worked well with Word 2016. However when I try to open Endnote today, it simply stated that the beta version has expired and the application would not open. Please can you further advise?

Thank you.

Hi,

I’m trying to update to the X7.5 version but when I click on the link endnote.com/downloads/available-updates that I found on endnote.com/betasignup, the only update I get is the 7.4. So now I went from the 7.5 beta back to the 7.4. Could you help me please to get the X7.5?

Thanks a lot!

same here, beta expired and the new version is not there yet!!

Well, I just installed the new version and it still doesn’t work. It now shows an Endnote ribbon in Word, but most buttons are without any function. In other words, the update is - at least for me - useless :frowning:

It isn’t there yet (10:04 am Tuesday) 

Same issue. I installed the beta and most buttno just trigger a beep. Formatting references does nothing…

Corentin

Installed CWYW for Mac OS X (Yosemite 10.10.5) and Word 2016.

On launch, Word/EndNote asks for access to “com.ThomsonResearchSoft.EndNote.plist” in the ~/Library/Preferences folder but not only does this .plist not exist but it appears Word/EndNote cannot access the ~/Library hidden folder (I wouldn’t be able to navigate and select it even if it did exist, and I am certain the folder should already be opened in the window when access is requested).

Is this issue my end or an issue with the release?

Cheers

If you have ever launched EndNote, you should have that file.

To access the folder, you can use the shortcut Command-Shift-G and enter the path there ~/Library/Preferences

It will open the folder regardless of the visibiility settings in the Finder.

In my case actually, I discovered that deleting this .plist and then allowing EndNote to recreate it restored the functionalities in Word.

Corentin

The new X5 version (not the Beta) completely screwed up my Word 2016. Word sometimes fails to start and crashes every time I quit the application. Moreover, Word uses a lot of CPU power since installing Endnote X5 and the fan is running constantly. I used the customizer in Endnote to get rid of the Word plugin but the problem persists.

This is so messed up. My university should sue TR.

http://endnote.com/kb/136020  – does it contain anything that helps?  

Thank you, but I did follow these steps including to grant Word access to this plist-file.

The update works beautifully for me, but why in the name of everything that is holy is the new ribbon menu not optimized for retina displays? It’s the same with EndNote itself–still no update for retina displays. Does Apple even sell new computers without retina displays anymore? And why not optimize a brand new extension for something that has been standard for years?

just wondering if there is anything new on this front. They take far too long to address urgent questions!

I used the Beta a month ago and ran into the same problem. So I waited for the stable version, and updated it today. And here we are… word freezing and crashing, you can’t even make into word.

Please respond as soon as you can. Thank you

@lefolas 

Try to start Word while holding the Shift key - that opens Word in safe mode and at least worked for me as a first workaround to open Word. Good luck!

THANK YOU FBZ! Really THANK YOU!

Now the toolbar is missing! I modified it in the startup options and selected the CWYR 2016 bundle, but it’s still missing.

I have installed 7.5.1 and verified that I have the latest word 2016.  EndNote apears in the ribbon but none of the options are filled in on the toolbar… please see screenshot

I have installed 7.5.1 and verified that I have the latest word 2016.  EndNote apears in the ribbon but none of the options are filled in on the toolbar… please see screenshot

same here, beta expired and the new version is not there yet!!