I’ve been using Endnote X7 with LibreOffice 5.1 for some time, and it all worked smoothly. However, after the update to version X8, it appears that there is no pre-built .oxt file in the plugin directory.
Do you know when/if such a plugin will be provided, or if there is some sort of workaround in order to get the CWYW thing to work with LibreOffice?
I am a little cofused that I do not find any sort of similar question anywhere on the web, so either I’m stuck with a really basic problem, or nobody noticed yet (which I can’t imagine).
Anyway, help would be much appreciated as I am in the middle of a paper and would hate to redo everything regarding formatting when switching to Word.
Thanks in advance!
- Start the OpenOffice.org Writer.
- Click the Tools menu and select Extension Manager.
- Press the Add button.
- Navigate to the CWYW folder, which can typically be found here: C:\Program Files\EndNote X6\Product-Support\CWYW
On 64-bit systems, this will be the folder will be “Program Files (x86).” Note that if you have program installed in a different location, you would need to find this CWYW folder in that other location.
- Select the ‘EndNote.oxt’ file and click Open.
- Click Install for All Users.
- Click Close.
- Exit the OpenOffice.org Writer and the OpenOffice.org Quickstarter that may appear in your System Tray. Right click on the icon in the System Tray and select Exit Quickstarter.
- Restart the OpenOffice.org Writer.
If I may ask, how are you using Endnote X7 with Libreoffice? I can find no way to get what I need from Endnote without using either Pags for Mac, or MS Word. I would appreciate some direction on how it worked before the most recent upgrade.
If I remember correctly, this did the trick:
However, I switched to Word 2016 when I figured X8 would not run with LibreOffice, and I did not use LO for quite some time by now.