Hanging Word - EndNote x2 error

Following an automatic update last night Word suddenly is unresponsive and gives an error message EndNote x2.then closes.

Word will start up in safe mode. Problem appears to be RefMan 12 related. Running in Vista with RM 12.0.1 patch installed.

Any solutions? Anyone else seeing this?

Tks.

Hello Silas,

What version of Word are you running?

In Reference Manager, do you have the ability to access the Cite While You Write options in your Tools menu?

Hi Mike:

Word 2007.

When Word is functioning I can access CWYW just fine – but now I can only operate in safe mode w/o Ref Man. If I open in normal mode it goes to Not Responding as soon as I click on anything and the EndNote X2 message comes up when I try to close out

S.

I understand.  What I was asking was whether or not, in Reference Manager (not in Word), you can go to Tools > Cite While You Write.  If so, are any of those options active?

Have just managed to resolve problem with help from Thompson Tech support by phone – needed to do RegEdit and blow away the Data file under HKEY Current User/Software/Microsoft/Office/word/12.0… on restart of Word RefMan is back to normal. 

I had previously narrowed it down to a RefMan problem by uninstalling (Word back to normal) and reinstalling (problem resumed)

S.