Help! Help! windows 7 and endnote X3

I have installed endnote X3 with my windows 7, but every time when I start X3, it takes me more than 2 minutes before it get ready to work but only 2 seconds with windows XP. I  really your help, any information is appreciated.

Several questions might help troubleshooting.

Is your Win 7 32 bit version or 64 bit version?

Have you tried XP compatibility mode?

Is it different when you disconnet network?

What kind of word processor are you using, and does it (slow EN startup) change when you uninstall word processor?

But, I don’t think many users here at this forum have upgraded to Win 7. Majority still uses XP/Vista. So, anticipating (quick) responses from this forum may not be the best idea. Another thing is to call Tech Support of Thomson Reuters, but they don’t officially support the use of Endnote with Win 7 at this moment. “System requirement” doesn’t include Win 7.

Again, your RAM (1G) configuration is probably underspec to run Win 7.

1 Like

@jy2008new wrote:

I have installed endnote X3 with my windows 7, but every time when I start X3, it takes me more than 2 minutes before it get ready to work but only 2 seconds with windows XP. I  really your help, any information is appreciated.

EndNote X3 should work properly on 64-bit Windows operating systems.

1 Like

Thank you very much. My PC is 32-bit, but I have found that when I disconect internet, it runs as fast as XP, so may be the conection slows it. 64-bit may have compatibilities with many software

then check the proxy set up and connection file in the new environment. XP and Vista/Win 7 are a lot different as to how they handle network.