How do I get the period to print?

EndNote X5, Windows 7, 64 bit.

Here’s the relevant part of my reference:

In: Klassen C, editor. Casarett & Doull’s toxicology: The basic science of poisons 6th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill. p. 96–9.

Here’s relevant part of the Book Section template:

Book Title|. Edition ed.|.

I need a period between “poisons” and “6th.” But try as I may, I can’t get it to print. Suggestions please.

Need more of what is after that |.  What is it “linked” with.  Easliest fix is to put a period before the | after the Book Title.  Endnote will remove any double punctuation anyway.  (sometimes to the frustration of people who want the punctuation to be double!)

Here’s the entire string:

Author. Year|. Title|. Translator, Trans.|. In: Editor, editor.^editors. Book Title.|. Edition ed.|. Volume vol.|. Place Published|: Publisher|. p. Pages|Reprinted from: Reprint Edition|.

I still can’t get the period after “Book Title”: to print:

Faustman E and Omen G. 2001. Risk assessment. In: Klaassen C, editor. Casarett & Doull’s toxicology: The basic science of poisons 6th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill. p. 96–9.

Did you check the Book Title field in the Faust and Omen reference template? There may be a blank space at the end of the book title which prevents the period from appearing.  Just delete the blank space and edit the Book Section template in the output style back to it’s original format with a single period following the Book Title field (outside of the vertical bar):

Book Title|.