I noticed recently that when I import references from PubMed the DOI number appears in field MISC 3 (I use reference manager 10). I have already dedicated this field to other information. I have never modified an import filter and was wondering if someone could explain how, because I prefer that the DOI is imported in to another field.
In Reference Manager, you can do the following:
- Click the Tools menu and select Import Filter Editor.
- Click the File menu and select Open.
- From the Reference Manager Import folder, open the PubMed.cap Filter.
- With the Databases tab selected, click the Edit button.
- Click the Journal Tags tab.
- Scroll down until you see the AID tag.
- Change the Destination Field from “Misc 3 ” to the field of your choice by clicking on the field.
- Click the File menu and select Save.
- Close the Filter and the Import Filter Editor.
Once this is done, information given the AID tag (like the DOI number) by PubMed will now import to the field of your choice.
Technical Sup Rep RS
Phone: +1 800-336-4474