in-text citation as (heirwegh, 2004 #471) and no reference in bibliography

Hi, 

I have no idea how but from the moment I want to add a second in-text reference it appears as (for example) " (Heirwegh, 2004 #471)" instead of the normal APA style (Heirwegh, 2004). And on top of that there is no reference in the bibliography. Word doesn’t see it as a reference and just a normal text. But it only happens form the second reference I make. The first one runs perfectly.

The settings are normal, the settings are that there has to be in-text and bibliography, settings are APA6th, etc…

Somebody with the same problem or have a solution for this problem? 

Thank you!

It sounds like the Instant Formatting feature is turned off in the document.

We have prepared step-by-step instructions on our website which should help you turn Instant Formatting back on. These instructions are available at

http://endnote.com/kb/110599

Let us know if you have any questions or if this does not resolve the issue.