Inserting DOI in reference

Hi,

This problem has been plaguing me for a while now - how do I get Endnote to add DOI to my list of citations in Word?

I read thro this forum and went and  edited The Style which is a slightly modified Deep Sea Research  Part 1. I went to Bibliography -> Field Substitutions ->And then I Selected "If Volume and Page numbers are Empty use and here I added DOI but I cant seem to be able to get it right.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

H

Are the DOIs in your records?  Can you attach the modified output style so we can test it?  

Yes i did add the DOI in the DOI field. I am trying to attach the style but i get the following error:

The file type doesn’t match the type of its contents

thanks a lot

H

When you modified the output style the changes are saved as a new output style file with the word “Copy” added to the file name. Did you then adjust MS Word and EndNote to use the new output style? Otherwise the style changes will not take effect.

yes i did save it as a copy and i adjusted it in the word Doc but it doesnt seem to work. any idea why i cant attach it?

Thanks

H

I had the same problem attaching a document here the other day. I have contacted some of the TR people to figure out what is going on.   

It worked partially. Its not enough to do what I did which is "ibliography -> Field Substitutions ->And then I Selected “If Volume and Page numbers are Empty use and here I added DOI” . What I did now was to go to Edit -> My style -> Bibliography->Templates and here I Inserted Field DOI.

Only problem now is that when I insert the citation I dont get the word DOI in the citation.

I am having the same problem, but with the substitution for PMCID field.

This used to work just fine in X5 and X6, but it is no longer working in X7 with the same output style I used in previous versions of EndNote. IS there a bug in X7? This is on the Windows version X7.0.1 [Bld 7212]