Issue with Reference Type "Report"

I have Endnote Windows Version X3.  I use word 2007 (issue is not related to word processor).  Whenever I specify Reference type “Report”, the year field in my final reference always shows “1974”.  The problem does not occur if I use specify other reference type such as journal article. 

United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA). Compendium …, Office of Research and Development, USEPA: Cincinnati, Ohio, 1974. It should be 2005.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Third National Report on Human Exposure to Environmental Chemicals. CDC,Atlanta, GA, 1974.  It should be 2003.

I’m assuming that the year (2003) info was placed in the correct  “Year” field of the “Report” template. 

You don’t mention the output style you’re using but did you check the template?  It sounds like the template might be need to be adjusted as perhaps: 1) the template is incorporating the wrong field; or 2) “1974” is embedded in the template as a text field.

To check the template, go to the EndNote toolbar, select EDIT, OUTPUT STYLES, EDIT [Name of style you’re using].  This will display the style’s options (see attached image which uses the APA 6th style as an example).  Locate “Bibliography” and click to select TEMPLATES. Then click the “Reference Types” menu to locate the Report template.

The template should display the “Year” field.

If you have problems, attach the style.

1 Like

Thanks.  I was able to fix it.  “1974” was embedded in the template as a text field as you said.