The existing output style does not seem to match the requirements of the journal (ISSN 0022-0477 [print], 1365-2745 [online]). Attached is an output style modified in EndNote X1.01, so should be compatible for versions 8 and above.
Changes are based on the journal’s notes to authors and referencing practice found in recent issues:
- Category changed to Ecology (previously Science)
- Citations > Author lists: ,# added between authors (where # is a blank space). This change is only apparent when 3 or more authors are listed in order to disambiguate in-text citations.
- Citations > Author name > Consecutive citations by the same author. Activated “Omit repeated authors”, separated with a comma.
- Citations > Sort Order. Changed to Year+Author, i.e. chronological order. (Previously unsorted).
- Bibliography >Templates
- Book. Edition added.
- Book Section and Generic. Vol. number added; “p.” for single-page point reference added (i.e. pp. changed to p.^pp.)
- Edited book. Added.
- Bibliography > Author Name; Editor Name. Initials changed to have no space between.
I have not added an edition statement to Book Section or Generic, as I could find no example. Web Page was not added, as there are too many variations in usage, and Web pages are seldom referenced(*).
Note: J Ecology (UK).ens is apparently for the same journal, and so it is a redundant output style. See thread.
(*) Web Page template on this style (Author (Year) URL|.) does not match any instance found while checking recent issues.
Hope this is helpful,
J Ecology.ens (14.1 KB)