My Citations are Showing Up 2 or 3 times in text

Hi there

Sorry if ths is the wrong place but am stuck.  I am trying to get an article ready for submission (to deadline) and for some reason many of my citations are showing up twice.  When I try to correct it they show up three and four times.

I read a solution to this involving making a copy document, unformatting and reformatting it.  iI hasn’t worked.  Any ideas?  Anyone? 

Please try the following steps:

You may first need to be sure you do not have duplicates in the database:

There are two ways to search for duplicates in Reference Manager. The “Check for Duplicates” command, located under the References menu, will only search for duplicates of record(s) currently highlighed.

If you use this command, make certain that you have the record that you are looking for a duplicate of highlighted in the Reference List.

The “Duplicate Search” command, located in the Tools menu under the Batch Operations submenu, will search the entire database, or even all open databases for records that are duplicates.

If you still do not get duplicates in the search, then you may need to broaden the options for Duplicates. You can do this from Tools > Options > Duplicate Search. Here, you can specify which fields are checked for duplicate information as well as adjust how much of certain fields are check for duplicated information.

• Make a backup of your document.

• Reference Manager 12 in Word 2007/2010/2013 : Go to the Reference Manager 12 tab and choose the “Convert Citations and Bibliography > Convert to Unformatted Citations” command.

Reference Manager 10/11 in Word 2007 : Go to the Add-Ins tab and choose the “Reference Manager > Revert to Original Text” command.

Word 2000/XP/2003 : Go to the Tools Menu and select “Reference Manager > Revert to Original Text” command.

This will remove the reference list and revert the citations.

• Press [Ctrl]+A on the keyboard to highlight everything.

• Press [Ctrl]+6 (above the “T” and “Y” key) to remove any additional hidden field codes.

• Press [Ctrl]+C to copy the highlighted text.

• Open a new document and press [Ctrl]+V to paste.

You should now be able to format this cleaned up version of the document.