Numbering citations sequentially when importing into word 07

Hey you wonderful big brains!
I setup a custom style in x6 and for the life of me, I cannot figure out which switch or field or symbol to insert or select so that when I import, as an example, 300 citations into MS word, they are numbered 1 thru 300. I import by first author and sometimes have multiple searches imported into endnote x6 so the record number import choice in endnote isn’t working for me.
Any help?
Thanks in advance!

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You want the inserted references numbered, which is what the numbered output style, for example would do.  There are choices between citing by number in order of appearance or in alpha order.  the “Number” output style orders in order of appearance.  I have edited it (Edit>output style >edit Numbered) so that the bibliography sort order is alphabetical, 

Is that what you are asking?   

Numbered-alpha-order.ens (16 KB)

Thanks for your help, however what I would like to see is a number before each citation once I’ve imported into word I.e.

How it looks when imported:

M. Antonelli, G. De Pascale, V. M. Ranieri, et al. Comparison of triple-lumen central venous catheters impregnated with silver nanoparticles (AgTive(R)) vs conventional catheters in intensive care unit patients J Hosp Infect 101-7 Oct 2012
PMID: 22938728
RELEVANCE: NONE
K. Arvaniti, D. Lathyris, P. Clouva-Molyvdas, et al. Comparison of Oligon catheters and chlorhexidine-impregnated sponges with standard multilumen central venous catheters for prevention of associated colonization and infections in intensive care unit patients: a multicenter, randomized, controlled study Crit Care Med 420-9 Feb 2012
PMID: 21926583
RELEVANCE:
C. R. Babycos, A. Barrocas and W. R. Webb A prospective randomized trial comparing the silver-impregnated collagen cuff with the bedside tunneled subclavian catheter JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 61-3 Jan-Feb 1993
PMID: 8437326
RELEVANCE:
R. T. Carbon, S. Lugauer, U. Geitner, et al. Reducing catheter-associated infections with silver-impregnated catheters in long-term therapy of children Infection S69-73 1999
PMID: 10379449
RELEVANCE: Not Relevant

Would like:

1. M. Antonelli, G. De Pascale, V. M. Ranieri, et al. Comparison of triple-lumen central venous catheters impregnated with silver nanoparticles (AgTive(R)) vs conventional catheters in intensive care unit patients J Hosp Infect 101-7 Oct 2012
    PMID: 22938728
    RELEVANCE: NONE
  2. K. Arvaniti, D. Lathyris, P. Clouva-Molyvdas, et al. Comparison of Oligon catheters and chlorhexidine-impregnated sponges with standard multilumen central venous catheters for prevention of associated colonization and infections in intensive care unit patients: a multicenter, randomized, controlled study Crit Care Med 420-9 Feb 2012
    PMID: 21926583
    RELEVANCE:
  3. C. R. Babycos, A. Barrocas and W. R. Webb A prospective randomized trial comparing the silver-impregnated collagen cuff with the bedside tunneled subclavian catheter JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 61-3 Jan-Feb 1993
    PMID: 8437326
    RELEVANCE:
  4. R. T. Carbon, S. Lugauer, U. Geitner, et al. Reducing catheter-associated infections with silver-impregnated catheters in long-term therapy of children Infection S69-73 1999
    PMID: 10379449
    RELEVANCE: Not Relevant
    Etc etc…

Make sense?

Actually you pointed me in a VERY good direction!
I just used the numbered style coding and pasted into my new style and it works great.
The numbers are bracketed [] which is fine.
Thanks again!