Online search doesn't return year information

I’m use X4 w/my mac powerbook running OSX 10.5.8

Searches using Education Research Complete (EBSCO) does not return YEAR information.  I’m assuming the connection file template is what needs to be changed, but am not quite sure how to do this properly (I was trying to change the Import Filter, but realized I should be looking at connection files).

It seems the issue is the structure of the 773 line, which does get downloaded (viewed on the Record Data) and includes the publication year info.  I’m just not sure how to structure the connection file 773 line.  Here are the 773 lines from a sample record and the connection file:

Record (journal article)

$tTheory Into Practice $gDec79, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p308 $h8p $x00405841

Connection Template

$tJournal (Notes)$tJournal$g(Date| Year TES Magazine supp)$gv. Volume noIssue (Date|, Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume noIssue (Date Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume noIssue (Year) p. Pages$gnoIssue (Date|, Year) p. Pages$gnoIssue (Date Year) p. Pages$gnoIssue (Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume (Date|, Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume  (Date Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume (Year) p. Pages$xISSN

Nothing?

Anyone?

Can someone at least tell me if I am on the right track?

Not many of us muck around with the import filters.  The most effective and timely response will probably come via tech support? Phone number is available here:  http://www.endnote.com/support/entechform.asp

My institution doesn’t subscribe to this, so I can’t test it, but looking at the connection file it appears that the actual record has date run together with year (except that only the last 2 digits of the year are included).

What happens if you add another $g entry to the template on the lines of:

$gYear, Vol. Volume 

If it works it might dump “Dec79” into the year field and you could edit the references to replace the month.

Alternatively I suppose you might try to get Dec79 into the date field if EndNote won’t accept it as a possible year entry.

$tTheory Into Practice $gDec79, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p308 $h8p $x00405841

Connection Template

$tJournal (Notes)$tJournal$g(Date| Year TES Magazine supp)$gv. Volume noIssue (Date|, Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume noIssue (Date Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume noIssue (Year) p. Pages$gnoIssue (Date|, Year) p. Pages$gnoIssue (Date Year) p. Pages$gnoIssue (Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume (Date|, Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume  (Date Year) p. Pages$gv. Volume (Year) p. Pages$xISSN