Online search on PubMed

Hi all,

I am having an issue when I am using the online search mode on PubMed. There must be a very simple explanation, but really I can’t find it.

I am searching articles about African horse sickness only for the month of December 2017. Here is my request:

“Title” Contains “African horse sickness” OR “Abstract” Contains “African horse sickness” AND “Entered Between” Contains “2017/12/01:2017/12/31”

Using this request, I have no results on EndNote. As I was a bit surprised, I have made the same search directly on the PubMed website, and I get two results:

• First molecular identification of the vertebrate hosts of Culicoides imicola in Europe and a review of its blood-feeding patterns worldwide: implications for the transmission of bluetongue disease and African horse sickness.

• Med Vet Entomol. 2017 Dec;31(4):333-339. doi: 10.1111/mve.12247. Epub 2017 Jul 27.

• Comparative Risk Analysis of Two Culicoides-Borne Diseases in Horses: Equine Encephalosis More Likely to Enter France than African Horse Sickness.

• Transbound Emerg Dis. 2017 Dec;64(6):1825-1836. doi: 10.1111/tbed.12577. Epub 2016 Sep 23.

My guess was that EndNote did not show me these articles because the search is based on the publication date of the Epub.

BUT. I searched for these two articles on EndNote with the title only, and for both of them, in the right panel “Reference”, I can read this:

Date
Dec

So why EndNote did not show me these with the very first request if the field “Date” clearly specified that the articles were published in December?

Hope this is clear… Many thanks in advance for the help !