Open full text w/o needing to open reference

It would be great if there was a way to open a reference’s PDF without having to open the reference.  I frequently have to open multiple PDFs as I write.  Each time I have to open a new PDF, I have to close the reference for the prior PDF that I had opened, open the new reference, and then open the PDF.  It would be great if I could just double click a reference’s paper clip icon in the library and have the relevant PDF open.  I understand a reference may have multiple full text documents, but even if it could only open the first listed document, this would be great.  Personally, I only have multiple documents attached to references very infrequently.

Have you tried the “Open File” option from the right-click menu in the EndNote library window? See the attached. If this does not meet your needs, how would you suggest improving this option?

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

EndNote_Open_File.gif

Thanks for the suggestion Jason.  I think this will be fine.  I was thinking of having the attachment open by simply double-clicking on the attachment icon.  Please see the attached screen shot to see what I’m referring to.

Screenshot.jpg