Order of citations in a footnote.

Ok, I have been searching help and the databases and can’t find anything to help me with this.  I need to know how to change to order of citations in a footnote.  I am using X5.  When I go to EndNote X5 Edit & Manage Citations window, I use the up and down arrows to change the order of citations in a footnote, but when I click ok, nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong here?  To be more clear, I have three citations in the footnote.  The citation I want to go first is last in the citation and I can’t seem to change the order in which they occure.

Thanks

Which style are you using?  I am not sure, but if you are using a style that has the citations or the “bibliography template” in the footnote, rather than using the “footnote template”, then the sort is probably being defined in the Citation or Bibliography sort order option. 

To not have them resorted, you will need to edit the appropriate style to say “don’t sort” but be aware that many publishers do want citations sorted by some criteria (oftern by Author, Year or by Year, then author, although that is rarer) and so you should check that before altering the item in your style.  It may also mess up the final Bibliography, be cautious.  Does it really matter the order in the footnote? 

Yes, it matters a great deal with this footnote and my publisher doesn’t dictate order for footnote entries within the same footnote.  I am using footnote format for mine, not Bib format because I had to alter the style a bit for the publisher.  It’s Chicago 15th.  I’m not seeing anything in the style edit options to make it so I can change this.  I used to be able to do this easily in early itterations of the program.  Not sure why this was changed.

Wait, I figured it out!  It was the “sort order” option on Citations in the edit style section!  Your clues helped a lot in terms of what to look for!  Thanks!