Output style for the Journal of Primates

Does anyone there has the output style for the Journal of Primates, which is from Springer?

I would be appreciated if you can send it to me at this email: dliupanda@yahoo.com

Thanks,

dz

If you don’t at least paste in the author instruction examples, then we have to find the website and get it before we can help.  Please provide the examples!

I’m on the same page as Leanne. I don’t think it’s a good idea to say “sombody, please send output style of this journal to me”. We are here usually very generous to help each other, but we are not “free” help desk. We can provide a good template or suggest a very similar style if you provide necessary information for us, but it is unlikely that we create a “perfect” style for your journal. Also, this should be the place you show some willingness to customize the style yourself. :wink:

Hi, Leanne

Thank you so much for your reply.  The instructions to authors about the references please see the following text.  Please do not waste your time for helping me if you do not have this output style in hand. I can make one by myself.

Thank you again for your reply.

dz

======================================================================

Journal papers: name(s) and initial(s) of all authors; year; full title of article; journal title abbreviated in accordance with international practice; volume number; first and last page numbers:

Imanishi K (1960) Social organization of subhuman primates in their natural habitat. Cur Anthropol 1:393–407

When citing articles that have been published only on line, the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) of the cited literature, if available,  should be added at the end of the reference in question. Carrai V, Borgognini-Tarli SM, Huffman MA, Bardi M (2002) Increase in tannin consumption by sifaka (Propithecus verreauxi verreauxi) females during the birth season: a case for self-medication in prosimians? Primates DOI 10.1007/s10329-002-0008-6

Single contributions in a book: name(s) and initial(s) of all authors; year; title of article; editor(s); title of book; edition; volume number; publisher; place of publication; page numbers:

Washburn SL, Hamburg DA (1968) Aggressive behavior in Old World monkeys and apes. In: Jay PC (ed) Primates. Holt, Rinehart and Winston, New York, pp 458–478

Book: name and initial(s) of all authors; year; title; publisher; place of publication:

Holldobler B, Wilson EO (1990) The ants. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg New York

did you look at this thread –

http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-files&message.id=193#M193

which would give you the best style to start with?

In that thread, look for the following style:

SG2_Ap_(Yr)_Ti_Jo_Vol_Page -Plos.ens

That means this style is formatted as:

Authors are Surname Given name (no initial)

Bibliography is sorted by appearance order

Year is enclosed in parentheses

Title, Journal name, Volume, and Page follows.

This should fit at least for your journal article format.

Best,