Reference Style

I have ENX4.  I need to create a bibliography so that only the first three authors names are included.  Any more authors an et al. is needed.  Is there a style reference I can choose? I have been looking for an hour.

Thanks

Just modify the output style’s “Author Lists” setting (for the bibliography) so if there’s 4 or more authors, list the first 3 then abbreviate with et. al.

To modify the output style:

1. Go to the EndNote toolbar, select EDIT, OUTPUT STYLES, EDIT [name of the style you’re using]. This will cause the respective output style’s dialog box to appear on-screen.

2. In the left column of the output style’s dialog box, locate the Bibliography section then click to select “Author Lists”. Now on the right side of the dialog box locate “Abbreviated Author List” and click the second option. Then change the seting so i reads: If 4 or more authors, list the first 3 author(s).   [Refer to attached image]

3. Close the output style dialog box which will save the changes to a new file. The new file will have the word “Copy” added to the file name. Change settings in EndNote and MS Word to use the new output style file.

ModifyBibliographyAuthorLists.gif