ScienceDirect

Is it possible to connect Endnote X2 with ScienceDirect?

As far as I know, ScienceDirect does not make its data available on a Z39.50 server. So you cannot use an EndNote connection file to search it. However the direct export from ScienceDirect works well.

1 Like

Sure? How does it work? I haven’t found the EndNote export link.

Thank you

Isabelle Michot
French Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction

Hi!

From the TOC of an issue you can mark the references you are interested in and click Export Citation on the top of the TOC.

If you are at the article level, you have the similar Export Citation in a meny on the right side.

See attached figures.

Best wishes

Jan Ove

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, it is not possible with all the journals neither with most of the ones I use.

Example: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/09553959/

That’s why I was surprised. Let’s hope that ScienceDirect will develop this useful tool…

Best regards,

Isabelle Michot
Documentaliste / Information Officer

OFDT - Observatoire Français des Drogues et des Toxicomanies
[French Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction]
Centre de documentation
3 avenue du Stade de France
F-93218 SAINT DENIS LA PLAINE Cedex
http://www.ofdt.fr

Hi!

I do not understand this.

Your link is to International Journal of Drug Policy, and I’m able to direct export citations from this journal both on the TOC- and article level.

Do you not see the “Export Citation” links, or do they not work properly. If the last option is correct, the error may be local and not at Science Direct.

Best wishes

Jan Ove

Hi

No, I don’t see the “Export Citation” links (see on attached page).
That’s why I am surprised because it appears for the journal used in your example and it seems that you are not logged in as a ScienceDirect subscriber.

One of our researchers has a ScienceDirect account and it is possible for him to export the citations of the International Journal of Drug Policy. But we are supposed to export citations without being logged.

Best regards,

Isabelle