Style Download web site

This is not a suggestion for Endnote itself, but for the website that allows us to download style file.

I want to see formatted bibliography when I click the title of the listed journal, especially about formatting Journal Article, and book/book section. I think these three are the most commonly cited reference type (I could be wrong) among scientific papers.

Right now, when I am looking for style template that gives me similar output, I have to download individual files. If I can see the output on the web, it’ll save time to find out the closest style template.

Best regards, 

I agree, I would love to be able to see a preview of the style output.  Another idea, would be to have some of the more common versions, in a text file, with the name of an output style.  While there are alot of variations, there is often a theme that is at least close!  I often think of putting one together my self for our intranet wiki page, but just never seem to find the time. 

Has someone else done so already?

Having style names with a journal name never has been convenient for me, because I don’t know how it looks like until I see the format.

>have some of the more common versions, in a text file, with the name of an output style

I don’t know what I did was what you meant, but I categorized many available styles, based on the Author format, such as Given-Surname or Surname-Given order, or initials are abbreviated by period or not. I put them into separate folders. Then, I have further labeled these styles, based on the order of year, title, journal name, and page. I have even which field is italic, or enclosed in parenthesis. In the end, I have ~50 templates of common styles.

By doing this, I can find very easily a similar style by looking at author format first, then the order of title, year, journal, and page. 

I’m glad to upload these style-based .ens files in this forum, if you see the value of the work.

Best regards,

It sounds like a great resource.  Can you attach it to  post here? 

Sure. I’m going to clean up file names a little bit, create another thread, and post them tonight.

In that thread, I’ll explain some file naming rules, and post styles attached in several following messages. Each message will have subject title like followings.

Styles start with Surname-Given order: Initial with period

Styles start with Surname-Given order: Initial without period 

Styles start with Given-Surname order: Initial with period

Styles start with Given-Surname order: Initial without period

Surname-Given only for first author: Initial with period

Surname-Given only for first author: Initial without period

That way, these samples will be in the same thread, and they’ll be close each other.

Some of them have more than 10 samples, so I may split them like Type I and Type II.

Hope that helps everybody in the community. 

Best regards,

Dear Leanne,

I was trying to attach 6 or 7 style files in one message post, but I couldn’t find how to do that. I’ve seen you attached several jpg files in one post. How did you do that; would you tell me?

Thank you!

After attaching the first, I preview the message and it allows me to attach the next one.