Switching Versions of Word - EndNote Lagging?

Hi,

I’ve been using EndNote x7.4 with Word 2011 for a while now with no issues. I recently switched to a new laptop, reinstalled EndNote, synced my library with EndNote online etc etc…all normal.

I’ve also upgraded to Word 2013, and for whatever reason I’m getting soooo much lag when trying to insert citations in my document. It’s not a massive document at the moment, only about 150 references, but the change going from 2011 to 2013 is massive. It’s taking about 30 seconds just to add a single citation, and I still have a whole thesis to write!

Does anyone know if there is some kind of issue I don’t know about when switching from one version of Word to another? And if so, how can I fix it?!

Thanks

Have you tried unformating and reformatting.  I find that when I upgrade to a new version of word, that doing that fixes the problem of lagging. I suspect that due to differences in the way the fields are handled by the software, bogs things down, reformating from scratch usually fixes it.  Sometimes, I also need to clean up the field codes (ctrl+Shift+F9 - not sure of the equivalent on the Mac) after converting to temporary/unformated citations.  – DO THIS ALL ON A COPY, just in case.