Sync keeps adding blank references

So the last couple of days (presumably linked to the server maintenance) when I open Endnote, it automatically starts syncing and when it gets to “retrieving references” Endnote starts rapidly entering blank references into my library (see screenshot attached). There is no way of stopping this other than closing Endnote. If I open Endnote Web, there is no sign of these references so I don’t know of any way of stopping this other than closing Endnote.

Any ideas???

Until you figure it out and speak to tech support, start by inactivating Syn in preferences.  – You can also first temporarily rename the pointer libraryname.enl to librarynameX.anything so Endnote desktop can’t find it while you inactivate the sync. At least then you can work with the program?   

I have the same problem. I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop (both Mac/El Capitan), and I want to keep my database up-to-date. On the desktop and on Endnote Web the databases are ok, but I cannot get the database on the laptop synced! Always several blank references! I already deleted the database twice and created a new one and synced it, but that did not work out. Then I tried a Windows laptop from a colleague, and then it worked well! Maybe a problem of the Endnote Mac version??

I have the same problem. I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop (both Mac/El Capitan), and I want to keep my database up-to-date. On the desktop and on Endnote Web the databases are ok, but I cannot get the database on the laptop synced! Always several blank references! I already deleted the database twice and created a new one and synced it, but that did not work out. Then I tried a Windows laptop from a colleague, and then it worked well! Maybe a problem of the Endnote Mac version??

Apologies for the late reply - thanks for the suggestions.

I ended up moving the endnote library that was having the blank references added and copying over the library file from my other computer (the one that I am syncing between). I hooked up this library to sync and it merged the library and everything has been smooth since.

I’m having same issue folks.  I have a local PC version synced with the web version and then also access via my Windows Surafce tablet for reading and annotating attachd PDFs.  Library files sync between devices using Google Cloud.  The issue happens on both devices but like mentioned, the phantom refernces nevere appear in web version of my library.

I’ve had this on and off now for months and driving me nuts!

How do I move the library as refernced here to try and work around?