This has been happening both with Endnote Online and X7. I’m using Word 2011 on a 2010 MacBook.
I have tried the following on both
“Perferences” under the Word pulldown menu and choose “File Locations.” Make sure this points to Macintosh HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008: Office: Startup:Word."
- Close Word and EndNote.
- Open your hard drive and go to the following folder:
EndNote X7: Applications: EndNote X7: Cite While You Write
EndNote X6: Applications: EndNote X6: Cite While You Write
EndNote X5: Applications: EndNote X5: Cite While You Write
EndNote X4: Applications: EndNote X4: Cite While You Write
Copy the file “EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle” by highlighting the file and going to “Edit > Copy.”
- Go to the folder Applications:Microsoft Office 2011:Office:Startup:Word and paste the file, “Edit Paste.”
Note: In non-English versions of Word, the folder named “Startup” may be called “Start” or be in the localized language of Word.
- Start Word, go to “Word > Preferences” and click on “File Locations.”
- If the Startup folder is not set, highlight “Startup” and click on “Modify”. Select the folder Applications:Microsoft Office 2011:Office:Startup:Word and click “Choose.”
- Click “OK” and close Word.
- Start EndNote and then start Word.
Even after, when I view the templates and add-ins menu in Word, Endnote CWYW Word 2011.bundle is unchecked and I cant check it wihtout recieving the error message "Word could not load this add-in program. (Endnote CWYW Word 2011.bundle).
Any help wold be appreciated, thanks!