Word v15.18 crashes on launch with Endnote x7.5 installed

Running Word v15.18 on Mac OS 10.11 with the latest version of Endnote x7.5 (build 11052) installed. Word crashes immediately on launch with Endnote installed.

If I remove the Endnote CWYW plugin for word 2016 from /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office365/User Content/Startup/Word/EndNote CWYW Word 2016.bundle , Word will start without any difficulty. Replacing the plugin causes a crash on startup.

I have completely uninstalled all prior versions of Endnote including the beta. I have then reinstalled Endnote. This results in a crash of Word on launch of Word.

Can also load Word in safe-mode (holding shift key down during launch) just fine.

Any suggestions on how to get this working correctly? 

Dear eimeria,

Sorry about that. Please make sure you have updated Word to the latest 15.19 patch and EndNote to X7.5.1.1. If you still get a crash, try the following.

In finder, hold down the option key on your keyboard. Click the Go menu then Library. In library, go to the “containers” folder. Locate the “com.microsoft.word” folder and send it to the trash.

Next, go the “group containers” folder, then the “UBF8Y34639G.office” folder. Locate “user content” then “templates”. Send the “normal.dotm” file to the trash. Also in user content/startup/Word, make sure there is no EndNote template there.

Next, reboot your machine. Open EndNote first, then on the EndNote X7 menu click “customizer” to install the CWYW tools in Word. Open Word, if you still get a crash, please give us a call here at Technical Support, 1-800-336-4474, option 4.