Abstract in the summary panel

I import references in my library from the databases by using the EndNote click. Very few of them show the abstract in the right panel under “summary”. what shall I do to have the abstract show up for all references? Thank you.

Which databases are you using? Scopus and Web of Science both provide multiple-reference downloads that place the abstract into the correct field.

I did not know that it depends on the database. Many of the articles I get from science direct, Elsevier, as my institution, Sapienza university of Rome, Italy, has subscription to sciencedirect. However, I’m mostly interested in education articles ( reviews, case of the month, problem-solving articles, seminars, primers, in the clinic) from the nejm, bmj, lancet, annals, and so on; and I get them by using the EndNote click directly browsing the web pages of these periodicals to which the university has subscribed. I know that we have subscription to web of science, scopus and ProQuest too. Perhaps, I should change the way I use to get the references in which I’m interested. Though I have to learn how.

Once you have selected the references you want to download, at the top is this option:

This is a search in Web of Science.

1 Like

You might also try the “update record” option. It may access and update those fields from databases you have access to. I get most of my downloads from pubmed, which usually includes the abstract.

1 Like

Thank you Leanne. It worked

1 Like