Import references with ABSTRACTS from Pubmed !

Hi everybody,

I use the Built-in Endnote search feature to pick-up references in pubmed. But the pitfall with this option is that only references are imported without abstracts ! 

I really (!) would like that endnote imports references with their abstracts. Why it doesn’t do in this way?

Of course, there are some other ways to import abstracts with references (as text file or downloding citation from journal website…) but these ways are somehow tedious overtime!

So, please does somebody know how to let endnote include abstract with imported references? I’ll be grateful !

Thanks in advance   

seems odd.  Using the Connect feature?  What version of Endnote and are you sure the references had abstracts?  Not all articles do.  If you know they have an abstract and you aren’t getting them, I would download a new Pubmed connection file  or try mine which is attached. 

PubMed (NLM).enz (4.95 KB)

Thank you Leanne for reply.

I thing it is a bug as it sometimes imports and sometime doesn’t !

Maybe problem or conflict with word/vista…!

By the way, could I import abstract for references that already exist in the library but without abstracts? I mean without doing new reques!

(Oh! maybe this could be a suggestion for the X4 version: Be able to connect to Pubmed and pick up abstracts for the references that lack their abstract !

For example if I have in my library 10 references without abstracts, it would be timesaver to select them all (or individually) and ask Endnote to pick up their corresponding abstracts in pubmed, if available anyway ! 

I’ll post this in the suggestion thread ! 

Message Edited by Endnoter on 01-23-2010 10:14 PM

@endnoter wrote:

Thank you Leanne for reply.

I thing it is a bug as it sometimes imports and sometime doesn’t !

Maybe problem or conflict with word/vista…!

Can’t have anything to do with word, as word has nothing to do with endnote connecting/importing steps.  I use windows XP, but I really would be suprised if it had something to do with the operating system.  Canyou give an example of a reference that you did not succed in obtaining an abstract?