Bibliography not added when inserting citation

Hi all.
When I insert citations in a word document and from the EndNote library, first of all, the bibliography is not added at the end. and secondly, the format and style is not APA 7 as I selected in both word and endnote. it comes with the author’s name (only first author), year, and #100 at the end. I must add that I created the endnote library by importing the PDF files which I already had on my system.
Thank you for your help.

The issue could be related to the Instant Formatting setting in Word on the EndNote tab.

We have a KB article on our website that may help:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Instant-Formatting-settings-in-Word?language=en_US

Here is some steps to try from the KB article.

In some cases, Instant Formatting is disabled, such as when you unformat your paper with EndNote X4.0 and earlier . Even when Instant Formatting is enabled, it is not triggered when you manually type a reference into a document. You must use the Tools> EndNote menu in Word 2002 (XP)/2003/2004/2008/2011 , or the EndNote tab in Word 2007/2010/2013/2016 , to either insert another citation or format the citations and a reference list. To use Instant Formatting in Word 2007/2010 , smart tags must be enabled (they are turned on by default).

To enable Instant Formatting in the current document:

EndNote 20, X9, X8 & X7:

Word 2007/2010/2013/2016: On the EndNote 20/X9/X8/X7 tab click on the arrow beside the button “Instant Formatting is Off” and choose “Turn Instant Formatting On.”
Word 2008/2011: From the Tools menu go to the EndNote X9/X8/X7 menu and choose Turn Instant Formatting On.

EndNote X1 - EndNote X6:

1. Word 2002/2003/2004/2008/2011 : From the Tools menu in Word, go to the EndNote submenu and select Format Bibliography or Bibliography Settings.
    Word 2007/20102013 : On the EndNote tab, in the Bibliography group, click the bottom corner arrow.
  2. Click the Instant Formatting tab.
  3. Click Turn On to toggle Instant Formatting.
  4. Click OK to format all citations and build the bibliography.

If the above does not resolve the issue please contact us for help.

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/?language=en_US

1 Like