Can I make 'type of article' disappear in the output format?

Hello,

I noticed that type of artilce (e.g., [Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov’t]). is showing up in the middle of the reference as below.

Altmann, C. F., Doehrmann, O., & Kaiser, J. (2007). Selectivity for animal vocalizations in the human auditory cortex. [Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov’t]. Cerebral cortex, 17(11), 2601-2608.

I’m not sure when this update has been made in the APA format, but I’d like to make it not show up in the output

Let me know how to make it go away.

Thanks,

Usually the"Type of Article" information will not show up in the bibliography unless information had been entered into the reference’s field and the output style’s template includes the “Type of Article” field.

If you wish to retain the Type of Article information in the reference but otherwise prefer it not appearing in the output template, you’ll need to modify the template.

1. Go to the EndNote toolbar, select EDIT, OUTPUT STYLES, EDIT [name of style].  The will cause the APA style window to pop-up.

2. Within the APA style, in the left column locate “Bibliography” then just below it click to select “Templates”.

3. Locate the Journal Article template (or whichever is pertinent), then delete the Type of Article field. 

1. Close the APA style window.  You will be prompted to save the changes which will be made as a file copy (i.e., APA 6th Copy).  If saving as a “Copy” you will also need to change both EndNote and MS Word to use this file.