cannot save changes to styles (X8)

while in the style manager, when I attempt to save a change to a style, I am promoted to enter a style name (default is “X - copy”), however, when I attempt to save this, I receive prompts ad infinitum adding the word “copy” at the end of the file name

the only way to escape is to exit the window without saving any changes, thus making it impossible to edit the style

thanks in advance

Please check your preferences in EndNote for the Styles Folder. In EndNote go to Edit > Preferences > Folder Locations On Windows for MAC In EndNote go to EndNote menu > Preferences > Folder Locations.

Double check that it is pointing to your Documents folder and not to some other location.

To reset the folder locations click on the “EndNote Defaults” button.

Once you change the location or reset the default then try editing a style again.

If this does not resolve the issue then:

Please contact Technical Support directly

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1

or

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/technicalsupport?language=en_US

The problem seems to be if you have a style selected for a document, you can not edit that style.

Easy fix.

Select another style for the document–any will do. Go into ENDNOTE → Edit → style.  You will be able to save this.

Then go back into th4e document and select the style you want, which you have just edited.

All the best

Fred