Saving new/modified EndNote styles

I use EndNote X2 on a Windows XP system. Only recently I encounter the following problem: when I change an existing output style, or make a new one, I am not able to save it. EndNote keeps on suggesting to add “copy” to the style’s name, refuses to save, and then suggests to add “copy” again, ad infinitum (ad nauseum). When I cancel the process, the original style I wanted to change is then no longer available.

Changes the “styles” folder read-only attribute does not fix the problem. I have made no changes in preferential folder locations or otherwise, and don’t have a clue as to the problem’s origins.

Any suggestions?

Peter Klaren

This causes a lot of confusion for people who are upgrading to EndNote X2. This FAQ should explain what to do. As explained there, “The easiest way to fix this is to go to the Preferences and select the Folder Locations, and then click on the EndNote Defaults button to set up the location for the personal folders.”

1 Like

That’s it! Thanks a lot, John!

Peter

@johneast wrote:

This causes a lot of confusion for people who are upgrading to EndNote X2. This FAQ should explain what to do. As explained there, “The easiest way to fix this is to go to the Preferences and select the Folder Locations, and then click on the EndNote Defaults button to set up the location for the personal folders.”