Can't Install EndNote X2 CWYW for Word 2008

Hi,

I just installed the Student and Teacher version of Word 2008 and installed all of the Office updates to version 12.1.5.  Next, I installed Endnote X2 version 2.0.1.  Here’s the thing… the “EndNote CWYW Word 2008.bundle” is installed in the correct location on my hard drive (Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Startup/Word), but the EndNote X2 commands do not appear in the Word 2008 Tools menu, nor does the EndNote toolbar appear when word is launched.  I’ve tried all of the suggestions posted in other threads (i.e., http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-general&thread.id=478) but I still can’t seem to get EndNote to integrate with Word 2008.  The versions of Word and EndNote that I have are both English language versions.  Here’s the computer and OS version I’m trying to install these on:

1st generation MacBook Air 1.6GHz

Mac OS X Leopard v.10.5.6

Any suggestions as to how to get this working would be most appreciated!

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Douglas

In Word go to “Word > Preferences” and click on “File Locations.”  Is the “Startup” location set or is it blank?  If it is blank you would want to double click on “Startup” and then set it to the Microsoft Office 2008/Office/Startup/Word folder.  Then restart Word.

Hi Peter,

Thanks very much for your reply.  I seemed to have solved the problem myself… for some reason, all I had to do was copy and paste the file “EndNote CWYW Commands.DOT” into the startup directory for Word and everything worked.  Strange that the .BUNDLE file was not sufficient on its own to activate CWYW functionality, but I’m not complaining since everything works great.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

Douglas