Combination group

Hi, 

I would like to create a combination group, but I ran into problems. I have a folder with 730 records and a folder with 550 and wanted to use the ‘not’ option to see which studies do not overlap between the folders. Somehow this does not work. If do this with smaller folders it does work. So I don’t know what to do. One note: The folder of the 550 studies was created by copying all studies in subfolders of a group set into this folder. I would be really thankful, if someone could help me out with this. I have the impression that it has something to do with the copying of references into other folders, as I now tried it also with a smaler folder and then it also does not work. Looking forward to your answers and support. 

The issue may not be related to the number of records or how they were copied into the “groups” (which I think you’re referring to as “folders” and “subfolders”) - but rather how you created the groups (folders/subfolders). If you used “group sets” that may be the problem why you cannot create a combination group. Only custom groups and smart groups, not group sets, can be used to create combination groups. For further information go to the Endnote toolbar, click Help and look up “Combination groups” and “Groups”.