I have a backed up data on an external drive, including Endnote(library and pdf files). Now, I’m trying to open my old libary on a new computer. As you guess, i could not open my library correctly. when i click on the library icon, i have the following error:
Could not initialize database support.
clearly, the folder i saved my pdf file has changed now! my question is how can i correct the path to loading corretly my library?
I am using EndNote X1. I have opend my my files last week and did not work with my computer for few days. Now I want to open my previously save EndNote files it sayscould not initialise the database. Can you please help me find its solution?
This issue can come up when there are issues with temporary files on your computer. If you are on a Windows system, click on the Start menu and select “Search programs and files.” Type in the following and click Enter:
%temp%
Delete the “EN_DbLinks” folder and if possible, the entire contents of the Temp folder. You may be required to reboot your computer in order to complete this process. Once this is done, see if you can open your library.
I just had a user with the same error “Could not initialize database support”. His error was casued beause he copied the EndNote X7.exe file to his desktop and ran it from there.