ERROR OF " could not initialize database support" Endnote X7.5 on Windows 10

Hi dear friends

Thank you for your great help

I have installed the endnote version X7.5 on Windows 10, but, just after clicking on the endnote icon to create a new library the following error occurred:

could not initialize database support

Can you please help me. Thanks for your time

Best

Milad

This error usually occurs due to damaged preferences or if permission to the EN_DbLinks folder were damaged. To troubleshoot this further, please follow the steps below:

1. Close EndNote.
  2. Click on Windows key and R, in the box type %temp%
  3. Press Enter.
  4. In the Temporary folder that opens, locate and delete the “EN_DbLinks” folder.

Once this is done, launch EndNote and try creating a new library by doing File > New Library and check if that works.

If the issue persists, please try to reset the EndNote preferences:

http://endnote.com/kb/82201

Thank you very much. I shall follow your instructions and keep you informed. 

Best regards

Milad

i tried but this solution doesn’t work :’’(

Confirm that you Endnote preference location is not a sub folder, and make sure the style folder, filter folder and connections folder are all the same location done!. To do this simply open Endnote, go to Edit (on the tab close to file) >>select folder Locations and then select thesame folder for each. eg. To avoid complications, create a new folder in the local Disk (C:), (call it my research if you like) and select it as your folder. Please notify me via email if successful (abulfathi4@gmail.com).