CWYW word 2010 macro error

Hello,

I’ve been trying for days now to get endnote CWYW working on my 64 bits windows 7 machine. But I run out of options… I have Endnote X.0.2 installed and have word (office) 2010 (version 14, 64-bit). I copied the CWYW files to the right start folder (C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP), and I get the add-ins toolbar in word! When I want to use this toolbar for CWYW I get: “The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings.” When I change my security setting the error still exists.

I have also tried refman 12 which gives the same problem. Is there a way to solve this problem? Or do I have to go back to mannually making my references in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Ben

I am pretty sure that no version of endnote prior to X4 is compatible with Office 2010.  See the compatibilty table here and the Word 2010 details here (X4 and X5 have Office 2010, 64 bit support). I am not familiar with Refman, but there is a Word 2010 news page here, and talks about an update to 12.0.3 to provide CWYW compatibility with Word 2010 (32 bit but not the 64 bit version of Office). 

Thank you for the rather sad message.

I will switch to Zotero then, and say farewell to Endnote!

Ciao.