EndNote and Apple "Pages" word processor software integration announced!

News from the annual MacWorld conference currently underway in San Francisco:

Apple computer just announced the integration of EndNote X2 reference and citation capabilities within the new version of its “Pages” word processor (part of the iWork '09 software suite). More information can be found here:

http://www.apple.com/iwork/pages/#mathtype

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

This is absolutely great news and should drive many academic purchases from folks who have been *waiting* for this.

When is the EndNote update going to be released to enable us to use it with Pages '09?

Message Edited by BWJones on 01-07-2009 01:32 PM

The current version of EndNote for Macintosh (X2.01) is already fully compatible with Apple Pages '09. Anyone interested in the integration will just need to upgrade to the new version of Pages. A fully functional trial is available for download here:

http://www.apple.com/iwork/

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

1 Like

This is great. I have been waiting for this for a long time. But I must be missing something. I just tried using X2 and Pages 09. When I insert an endnote citation it puts the citation as subscript instead of superscript. I can change it manually but when I insert the next citation it subscripts every citation that I changed. Also, after you insert the citation and you continue typing, the text is all subscripted. This is very annoying and is impossible to use. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Greginnd on 01-08-2009 11:14 AM

Jason,

this is very exciting for us Apple fanboys!

I have started to play with iwork09 and X2.

It seems that pages can use X2, but X2 does not insert into a pages doc? It is still looking for a word file I think?

When will Thomson issue  a FAQ pdf for the new combo?

@greginnd wrote:

This is great. I have been waiting for this for a long time. But I must be missing something. I just tried using X2 and Pages 09. When I insert an endnote citation it puts the citation as subscript instead of superscript. I can change it manually but when I insert the next citation it subscripts every citation that I changed. Also, after you insert the citation and you continue typing, the text is all subscripted. This is very annoying and is impossible to use. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks.

Message Edited by Greginnd on 01-08-2009 11:14 AM

I experience the same problem. Is there any fix for this yet? 

Not a great solution but it sort of works. See this thread.

http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-general&thread.id=1177 

Thanks. The issue where superscripting and subscripting is reversed is fixed with that workaround, but NOT the issue in which the text one types after inserting a citation remains superscripted.

@cquinn wrote:
Thanks. The issue where superscripting and subscripting is reversed is fixed with that workaround, but NOT the issue in which the text one types after inserting a citation remains superscripted.

Has this issue been fixed yet?