EndNote E7 and Word 2011 on Mac

Dear all,

Sorry if this is a repeat from someone earlier. I just downloaded EndNote E7 on my Mac. I have used EndNote in the past and was happily work through my document yesterday adding references. Then Microsoft Word crashed and continues to crash if I try to reopen the document or the document even saved as a new name with the following details:

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date/Time: 2015-08-08 17:42:01 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Word
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word
Application Signature: MSWD
Application Version: 14.5.3.150624
Crashed Module Name: UIFoundation
Crashed Module Version: 1
Crashed Module Offset: 0x0009ad6e
Blame Module Name: EndNote CWYW Word 2011
Blame Module Version: 2015.17.3.1.10444
Blame Module Offset: 0x000d7949
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409
Crashed thread: 0

i may try to start over in version of the document but I fear this will happen again and I will be right back to where I started, needing to do number references without reference software.

Does anyone know if this is a problem of Microsoft Word or EndNote?

Thanks!

Dear colleenb,

Sorry about the crashes, this might be casued by some corrupt files in your computer. Can you please try the following steps?

1. Close out of Word.

2. Open your Hard Drive in Finder. Go to “Home > Library > Application Support > Microsoft > Office > User Templates”. To get to the Library folder in OS X 10.7 and later, Hold down the “Option” key on your Keyboard and go to the “Go” Menu and choose “Library”.

3. There is a “Normal” file in this folder, go ahead and drag it to the trash…

4. In Finder, go to “Home > Library > Preferences”, and drag the “com.microsoft.word.plist” file to the trash.

5. Reboot the Mac.

I hope this is helpful!

Does not work