Endnote X2, OSX 10.5.5 and Word 2008 can't insert references!?!?

I’m using Endnote X2, OSX 10.5.5 and Word 2008 and I can’t insert my references into my documents.  I get the error, “There are no references selected in the frontmost Endnote library,” which is not the case!  I have tried re-installing, moving the *.dot CWYW files by hand, and tested it all using Word 2004 (also doesn’t work!).  I saw this post:

http://lists.adeptscience.co.uk/endnote/endnote_May_2008/thid_7038c42636274b8b78630203b46b052b.html

Which contains the following, but there was no improvement. Any thoughts?

Subject: Re: X1 Mac: where is the update for Word 2008?
Author: PTravis (Moderator)
Date: 06-26-2008 08:15 PM

This should contain all of the steps from the various messages:   If after installing the Word 2008 SP1 update and the EndNote X1 2008 update the tools still do not appear: 1) Close Word and EndNote   2) Open your hard drive and go to Applications:EndNote X1:Cite While You Write   3) Copy the files "EndNote CWYW Command.dot" and "EndNote Web CWYW Command.dot" by highlighting them and going to "Edit > Copy"   4) Go to the folder Users:[your login name with the house icon]:Library:Application Support:EndNote and paste the two files, "Edit > Paste"   5) Go back to the folder Applications:EndNote X1:Cite While You Write   6) Copy the file "EndNote CWYW Word 2008.bundle" by highlighting the file and going to "Edit > Copy"   7) Go to the folder Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:Startup and paste the file, "Edit Paste"   8) Start Word, go to "Word > Preferences" and click on "File Locations"   9) If the Startup folder is not set, highlight "Startup" and click on "Modify".  Select the folder Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:Startup and click "Choose"   10) Click "OK" and close Word   11) Start EndNote and then start Word   

FYI everything works fine if I don’t use the “Save As Package” option when starting a new library.

Same problem here - is there a solution?

There was a known issue with Package files on the Macintosh with EndNote X2. This is fixed in the X2.01 upgrade patch. The patch is available here:

http://www.endnote.com/support/ENX201_WinMac_updater.asp

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Thanks for the ultra quick reply!