Endnote X2 turns into Endnote web !

Hello,

I’m using a trial Endnote version but I see that it suddenly turns into Endnote web version ? ! does anybody know why and how tu return to desktop endnote ?

I’m degusting from many bugs and dysfonctionning in Endnote! I think I’ll stay with my word reference manager.

Message Edited by Endnoter on 09-08-2008 06:52 PM

As far as I can tell, EndNote has the following “policy” with regard to bugs:

1. Release a new version that is full of bugs and undocumented behavior.

2. Never release any intermediate (“point”) versions that fix these bugs.

3. Release a new version that does fix most of the old bugs, while also introducing a ton of new problems.

Since these guys basically have a monopoly on bibliographic software, I guess we just have to live with it. 

Yes, you are right.

I don’t know why they invented this horrible endnote web and integrated it into the downloadable programme !

Endnote guys, why you don’t separate Endnote web from endnote desktop ? what a stupide idea to do so ! Programme turns on Endnote web and it is impossible to go back to desktop Endnote ! 

I lost all references in my PhD labrary with this ***edit*** endnote !

I advise everybody against Endnote, it is ABSOLUTELY to be avoided !  It’s horrible ! Look for most reliable and free software would be much better and safer !

Bye bye Endnote, ***edit*** endnote" ! 

Message Edited by Jeff on 09-08-2008 10:10 AM
Message Edited by Endnoter on 09-08-2008 06:52 PM

We have released at least one free “point” version patch for each of the following recent versions of EndNote - 6, 8, 9, X, X1, and we are working on one for X2.

Jason Rollins, EndNote Product Development

This typically happens when Word determines it should not to load the EndNote tools.  Depending on your version of Word there are different ways to enable the EndNote tools:

Word 2003:

1. Click the “Help menu” and select “About Microsoft Office Word.”

2. Click “Disabled Items.”

3. Highlight any EndNote item(s) and click “Enable.”

4. Click Close and OK.  

Word 2007:

1. Click on the Office icon and select “Word Options.”

2. Click on “Add-ins.”

3. Change the “Manage” options to “Disabled Items.”

4. Click Go.

5. Highlight any EndNote item(s) and click “Enable.”

6. Click OK.

This typically happens when Word determines it should not to load the EndNote tools.  Depending on your version of Word there are different ways to enable the EndNote tools:

Word 2003:

4. Click Close and OK.  

Word 2007:

2. Click on “Add-ins.”

4. Click Go.

6. Click OK.

Word 2003:

4. Click Close and OK.  

Word 2007:

2. Click on “Add-ins.”

4. Click Go.

6. Click OK.

Figure and illustration managing is very bad too ! When I saw that it is possible to make figure library, I thought it would be better than reference management, but I was wrong, it is worse !

Really, I’m very disappointed from Endnote…and now I understand  the Endnote policy, which is merely commercial to market their bugged endnote and collect more mony ! They release a new versions every 2 months (record!) rather than update points to correct multiple errors in the previous version !

They want to sell endnote by hook or by crook !

Users are not naive !

Message Edited by Endnoter on 09-12-2008 04:16 PM