EndNote X4 for Mac latest word 2011 upgrade

You would be better off calling Tech Support  for an ongoing problem like this

, but it sounds like there is an endnote 2008.bundle that is still somewhere?   

galindes wrote:

Hi,

I have followed the instructions in your thread and in this webpage and I haven’t been able to make Word 2011 fro Mac startup EndNote upon startup. Please help.

P. S. 1. I use Word for Mac in Spanish.

P. S. 2. Upon strating Word I receive a message that tells me that Word could not load EndNote CWYW Word 2008.bundle.

I cannot find a folder termed “Startup” or “Start” in the Offce folder. Where should I put the 2011-bundle file?

If I move the startup in the File Location to the endnote folder, Endnote is in Tools. But then nothing else works.

Next problem with Word 2011 and X4 on Mac.

I installed Word 2011 and Endnote X4.02…

I copied the 2011.bundle file in Start Folder, set this folder in Word for Startup, but when is start word i get this:

Word couldnt start this case…

I see the toolbar of Endnote, but it doenst work.

Greetings drsd,

Do you have a foreign language version of Microsoft Office?  If so, the mentioned Word startup folder may be listed as something else.  If this is an English version of Microsoft Office and you don’t see the mentioned startup folder, it sounds like you may have an incomplete installation.  To resolve the issue, you might want to consider reinstalling Microsoft Office.  Please let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,
Jimmy M.
Customer Technical Support Representative Scientific
Thomson Reuters
Phone: +1 800 336 4474
ResearchSoft Product Support
thomsonreuters.com

Greetings drsd,

A follow-up to my previous post-

I spoke with another user today who had a similar issue regarding the missing Office 2011 Startup folder.  It turns out that he had not installed the Visual Basic environment for Office 2011.  This may be a similar situation on your machine, which would be resolved by reinstalling Office 2011.  Please let me know what you find.

Best Regards,
Jimmy M.
Thomson Reuters
thomsonreuters.com

Greetings WulleWuu,

Start by clicking “Word>Preferences…>File Locations” to verify Word 2011 is looking at the correct startup folder for Word 2011-

Macintosh HD: Applications:Microsoft Office 2011: Office: Startup: Word

If your Word 2011 installation is already set to look at this particular folder, you may want to quit Word and browse to this location using Finder.  Once you’ve gotten to the ‘Word’ folder itself, remove the existing “EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle” file.  Next, start EndNote X4, click the “EndNote X4” drop down menu to select “Customizer”.  Walk through the Customizer process, making sure the Cite While You Write component is marked on this window.

Please let me know what you find.

Best Regards,
Jimmy M.
Thomson Reuters
thomsonreuters.com

Hello! Tell me please, with Ubuntu Linux have this software works?

Hey Jimmy,

i tried it and it doenst work. I dont understand your program. It worked, i formatted my system, installed everything again and it doesnt work…

I deleted Word 2011, Endnote… Tried it again, but i is not working.

When is start Word i get the error message…

I deleted the bundle file, did what you said, but i get the same error message…

My God… i need EndNote for dissertation :frowning:

Greetings WulleWuu,

I’ve created a support case for us to troubleshoot this issue further.  Please let me know if you don’t see the email message that I’m referring to.

Best Regards,
Jimmy M.
Thomson Reuters
thomsonreuters.com

Hi, Jimmy,

I downloaded the latest x4 (v. X4.0.2).

I used “customizer” under the EndNote menu to implement CiteWhileYouWrite.

I checked to confirm that the “EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle” file is in the correct directory /Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Startup/Word

I checked to confirm that the word startup file location is the correct directory above.

CiteWhileYouWrite menu bar can be implemented while I’m using Word.

But, when I click the button on the menu bar to open EndNote or click the button on the menu bar to format the citation, Word stops responding for a while until I get the below error message.

EndNote is not responding. Error = -1712

FYI, I run them on Apple osx 10.8.2

How can I make endnote x4 work?

Thanks!

Best,

Nate