I am running Endnote X5 in OSX Lion.
The Cite While You Write option both in Word for Mac 2011 and in Endnote X5, is stuck at Endnote X4 though (version 18.104.22.16831)!
When I try anduse CWYW within Word I get the following error:
"Could not find a copy of EndNote X4.0.2 to launch.
Error code =-10814"
Any one else got this problem, and is there an easy way to update my Endnote CWYW?
Hi - You can find general Cite While You Write installation instructions at this FAQ - http://www.endnote.com/support/faqs/CWYW/faq1.asp. Below is an excerpt that I’ve modified for X5 for convenience.
If after following the instructions above the tools still do not appear:
- Close Word and EndNote.
- Open your hard drive and go to the following folder:
- EndNote X5: Applications:EndNote X5:Cite While You Write.
- Copy the file “EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle” by highlighting the file and going to “Edit > Copy.”
- Go to the folder Applications:Microsoft Office 2011:Office:Startup:Word and paste the file, “Edit Paste.”
Note: In non-English versions of Word, the folder named “Startup” may be called “Start” or be in the localized language of Word.
Start Word, go to “Word > Preferences” and click on “File Locations.”
- If the Startup folder is not set, highlight “Startup” and click on “Modify”. Select the folder Applications:Microsoft Office 2011:Office:Startup:Word and click “Choose.”
- Click “OK” and close Word.
- Start EndNote and then start Word.
- Mathilda, the EndNote team
I had the same problem, but I was able to fix the problem following these steps. I suggest placing this information in the EndNote X5 pages. I spent a lot of time trying to find it.