EndNote X6 in Windows 10 - persistent freezing/crashing

Hello,

I’ve used EndNote X6 in Windows 7 64 bit for years  and just started to use it in Windows 10 64 bit. I am noticing EndNote crashing a lot. An almost surefire way to cause the crash is to have a find fulltext process running and then try to import a reference. This never happened on Windows 7. Anyone have any clues to what’s wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Dan

Crashe also occur if I have a find fulltext process running and add an attachment to a record.

This is when you need to call Tech support – these kind of issues can rarely be resolved by other users.  

I figured out the solution on my own. I was using X6. When I downloaded X6.0.1 the issue went away.

I am using Endnote X6.0.1 and I just installed Windows 10 64-bit. Endnote was stable on Windows 7. With the new OS, updating citations and bibliographies freezes endnote, sometimes causing Word 2016 to crash. Do I need to tweak the some Win 10 settings for Endnote? I am considering unwinding Win 10 and going back to Win 7. What version Word are you using?

There may be compatibility issues between Endnote X6 and Windows 10. According to a knowledge base article _ http://endnote.com/kb/107713 _: “We are testing EndNote X6 with Windows 10 to determine informal compatibility and will report any exceptions found on this page. Customers are encouraged to report any issues discovered to Technical Support. We do not anticipate updating EndNote X6 and prior for Windows 10 compatibility.”

Technical support

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)

+1-800-336-4474, press 4

Submit a technical support request

International support contacts