endnote x7 + word 2011 + osx mavericks (10.9) = working?

Word 2011 (Mac) crashes when I quit that program (I’m running OS X 10.9.2). The error message is “Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close…”

The setting that causes this behavior is Tools/Endnote X7/Cite While You Write Preferences…/Close EndNote when leaving Word.

If I uncheck the box beside that setting (i.e., turning that setting off), Word closes normally. Endnote needs to be closed separately, but that’s not a big deal.

I had the same problem as you when I used X7. It is a bug Endnote should resulve. I am now using X6.0.2.  

@akilleen wrote:

Word 2011 (Mac) crashes when I quit that program (I’m running OS X 10.9.2). The error message is “Microsoft Word has encountered a problem and needs to close…”

The setting that causes this behavior is Tools/Endnote X7/Cite While You Write Preferences…/Close EndNote when leaving Word.

If I uncheck the box beside that setting (i.e., turning that setting off), Word closes normally. Endnote needs to be closed separately, but that’s not a big deal.

I had exact same problem when I tried Endnote X7/Word 2011. I am sure it is a bug that Thomas Reuters should resolve. I am now using Endnote X6.0.2.

Hi SDSUPROF,

I am having the same issues as you with endnote X7 crashing when I try to insert a reference in word 2011, did you manage to find a solution?