Export from Endnote into My NCBI's My Bibliography?

Many of you may know that NIH has had My NCBI which now allows one to manage and export your own references into My NCBI’s My Bibliography – which can then be used to create NIH Biosketches for example.  While it is relatively easy to get one’s pubmed references into My NCBI, it appears that Book chapters, and probably books need to be entered by hand.  Since most of us have already entered these by hand into Endnote, or exported them from publishers websites, I wonder if the TR folk are talking with NCBI about the possibility of exporting and importing these from endnote into our My NCBI profies.  I don’t see any link that would allow this now, but people must be asking that question (although a quick google only shows how to export TO Endnote and not the reverse).  

Any ideas out there?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gApmLHdCSM

Leanne,

Not sure if you’re still interested in this but I have written a small perl program that will read an .xml file exported from Endnote and then use the information to create new entries in the NCBI MyBibliography site.  I can provide the script to you if needed.

@leanne wrote:

Many of you may know that NIH has had My NCBI which now allows one to manage and export your own references into My NCBI’s My Bibliography – which can then be used to create NIH Biosketches for example.  While it is relatively easy to get one’s pubmed references into My NCBI, it appears that Book chapters, and probably books need to be entered by hand.  Since most of us have already entered these by hand into Endnote, or exported them from publishers websites, I wonder if the TR folk are talking with NCBI about the possibility of exporting and importing these from endnote into our My NCBI profies.  I don’t see any link that would allow this now, but people must be asking that question (although a quick google only shows how to export TO Endnote and not the reverse).  

Any ideas out there? 

I might be.  Have done my own, but will ask our fellowship/grants office if it would be of use to other investigators.  

will be in touch.  

Be glad to try the script if you are willing to share.  If you zip it into a file, I am pretty sure this forum allows uploading those, and instructions?  or you can pm me and I will give you my email address.  

Hello, this sounds like a very useful utility. How can I get in touch with you to download this script as well. Thanks in advance, Kevin

I too am interested in learning about you did this. We currently have an EndNote library with over 800 entries and would like to import them into our MyNCBI library.  Thank you for any help!

Hello mfarman, 

I too would be interested in the utility to explort Endnote to myBibliography.  Can you let me know if you can send it to me?