Today i will show all you guys the way to fix “Invalid Class String” when you install EndNote on Windows X64 Bit.
1. Close all programs related to EndNote and Word.
2. Open the folder where you install EndNote (Mine is C:\Program Files\EndNote X6 OR C:\Program Files (X86)\EndNote X6).
Right click on EndNote.exe and choose “Run as administrator”
3. Edit your Registry (Don’t forget to backup your registry before you editting it).
- Go to “ HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT ” > “ EndNote16.AddinServer ” key
- Right click on " AddinServer" then choose " Permissions" > " Advanced"
- Click " Add"
- Type “ Everyone ” on Object Name then click OK.
- Find the line named Delete , choose " Deny" then click OK.
You’re done. Hope it helps Sorry for my bad English!