For APA 6th Style, using ENdNote, In-text citations and References appear different. In-text citations are correctly generated, however, references are generated with numbers. How to fix this issue?

For APA 6th Style, in my manuscript in MS Word file, In-text citations and References appear different. In-text citations are correctly generated, however, references are generated with numbers. How to fix this issue so that both in-text citations and references are according to APA 6th style.

What version of EndNote?

If a desktop version, I suggest going to the Help menu and selecting Endnote Output styles and retrieving a new version of APA 6th or even getting APA 7th. Save AS to a new name, and try to use that newly named output style in your document, and “update citations and bibliography”. alternatively check the bibliography layout tab and sort order in the output style you are using where someone may have altered it to use numbers.

I am using Endnote 7.5.

I insatlled the APA 7 style. It still does not work.

Assuming EndnoteX7.5 and with which version of Word and on what platform? That is pretty old version of Endnote, either way (circa 2016?).

Assuming you have switched word to use the newly installed style? (note added in edit: and updated citations and bibliography from Word’s Endnote toolbar?)